Accessibility Statement for Headland Carpets Website
This is an accessibility statement from Headland Carpets & Rugs Ltd.
Measures To Support Accessibility
Headland Carpets & Rugs Ltd takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of www.headlandcarpets.co.uk:
- Ensure our website is accessibility friendly
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. www.headlandcarpets.co.uk is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of www.headlandcarpets.co.uk. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on www.headlandcarpets.co.uk:
- Phone: 01933 652 333
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: 63 Station Road Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire NN9 5QE
- Postal Address: 63 Station Road Irthlingborough, Northamptonshire NN9 5QE
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
www.headlandcarpets.co.uk is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome Browser
- Microsoft Edge Browser
Accessibility of www.headlandcarpets.co.uk relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of www.headlandcarpets.co.uk, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for www.headlandcarpets.co.uk:
- The non-functional icons/spacers found on various pages of the website: There may be non-functional icons and spacers across the website, which could pose challenges for users relying on assistive technology. These elements lack appropriate attributes, such as the "role" attribute set to "presentation" or "none," hindering their exclusion from assistive technologies. The inclusion of these elements stemmed from previous design decisions that prioritised visual aesthetics without considering their impact on accessibility standards. Additionally, we're evaluating whether certain non-essential decorative elements can be removed without affecting the overall user experience. We advise users relying on assistive technology to skip over these non-functional elements when navigating the site.
An evaluation report for Headland Carpets Website is available here.
If you have any questions or complaints please contact us.
This statement was created on 16 November 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.